Eighth Generation launches Inspired Natives Grant; deadline is Oct. 31
October 18, 2017
RENO, Nev. — The Native-owned and operated company "Eighth Generation" recently announce the establishment of a national Native artist grant program to be administered in partnership with The Evergreen State College Longhouse.
The Inspired Natives Grant, funded by 5 percent of Eighth Generation sales, is a project-based grant for emerging Native artists who are pushing boundaries in the world of arts and arts entrepreneurship.
Eighth Generation is looking for candidates who are expanding definitions of what it means to be Native and who go above and beyond to make themselves a resource to their community.
Applications for all forms of visual, performance-based arts, media and literary arts will be accepted. Native artists who are residents of the United States are eligible for this award.
The Inspired Natives Grant will be administered in awards of $2,500. Deadline for application is October 31st, 2017. To learn more about Eighth Generation visit: https://eighthgeneration.com/.
Trending In: Features
- Nevada tribal members to vote on reservation this November
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’