Great Basin Indigenous Women lead Reno Women’s March (photo gallery)
January 26, 2018
RENO, Nev. — Thousands of women (and men) took part in the second annual Women's March in downtown Reno the morning of Jan. 20.
What made the Reno march unique from the rest of the marches happening the same day across the country was the fact a strong group of Great Basin Indigenous women led the march in an effort to raise awareness for the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women.
First Nation's Focus photographer Brad Coman attended the march. Check out some of his images above.
Trending In: Features
- ‘The Mustang,’ filmed in Carson City, to show at Galaxy Fandango
- Newest First Nation’s Focus e-edition (May 2019) available
- PHOTOS: March 30 Go Red for Health Pow Wow at RSIC Gym
- Native athletes in the news: NY Yankees draft Anthony Seigler (Navajo)
- Renovated Stewart Indian School museum to tell the full story – including a dark history of abuse and assimilation