Great Basin Indigenous Women lead Reno Women’s March (photo gallery)
January 26, 2018
RENO, Nev. — Thousands of women (and men) took part in the second annual Women's March in downtown Reno the morning of Jan. 20.
What made the Reno march unique from the rest of the marches happening the same day across the country was the fact a strong group of Great Basin Indigenous women led the march in an effort to raise awareness for the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women.
First Nation's Focus photographer Brad Coman attended the march. Check out some of his images above.
Trending In: Features
- Nevada tribal members to vote on reservation this November
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’