National Artist Fellowship submission deadline is Sept. 25
September 20, 2017
RENO, Nev. — The call for submissions for the Native Arts and Cultures Foundation's (NACF) National Artist Fellowship is open to accomplished individual practicing Native artists.
Native artists may apply for support as they explore, develop and experiment with original or existing projects. Awarded National Artist Fellows also work with their communities and share their culture in numerous ways.
Eligible applicants will be Native artists who both reside in the U.S. and are enrolled citizens of a U.S. federally or state recognized American Indian Nation, Alaska Native Corporation or with other documentation of Native Hawaiian ancestry.
A panel of Native art peers and professionals will review the applications and make recommendations for approval to NACF's Board of Directors.
To apply, visit the NACF website at http://www.nativeartsandcultures.org/funding-opportunities. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, Sept. 25, at 5 p.m. PST.
Trending In: Features
- ‘The Mustang,’ filmed in Carson City, to show at Galaxy Fandango
- Newest First Nation’s Focus e-edition (May 2019) available
- PHOTOS: March 30 Go Red for Health Pow Wow at RSIC Gym
- Native athletes in the news: NY Yankees draft Anthony Seigler (Navajo)
- Renovated Stewart Indian School museum to tell the full story – including a dark history of abuse and assimilation