National Artist Fellowship submission deadline is Sept. 25
September 20, 2017
RENO, Nev. — The call for submissions for the Native Arts and Cultures Foundation's (NACF) National Artist Fellowship is open to accomplished individual practicing Native artists.
Native artists may apply for support as they explore, develop and experiment with original or existing projects. Awarded National Artist Fellows also work with their communities and share their culture in numerous ways.
Eligible applicants will be Native artists who both reside in the U.S. and are enrolled citizens of a U.S. federally or state recognized American Indian Nation, Alaska Native Corporation or with other documentation of Native Hawaiian ancestry.
A panel of Native art peers and professionals will review the applications and make recommendations for approval to NACF's Board of Directors.
To apply, visit the NACF website at http://www.nativeartsandcultures.org/funding-opportunities. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, Sept. 25, at 5 p.m. PST.
Trending In: Features
- Nevada tribal members to vote on reservation this November
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’