Nevada Paiute, Shoshone members meet with Douglas County dems
July 16, 2018
MINDEN, Nev. — The Douglas County Democratic Women heard from Nevada Paiute and Shoshone tribal members at the club's monthly luncheon on Monday, July 9.
Members gave a presentation on cultural, political and historical perspectives of the Great Basin tribes, which includes these two tribes as well as the Washoe Tribe.
From left in the photo are Daphne Emm-Hooper, Fernley City Manager and Douglas High School graduate; Stacey Montooth, Reno-Sparks Colony Community Information Officer; Marla McDade Williams, Northern Nevada Director for S360, a communications and marketing firm; Fredina Drye-Romero of the Nevada State Education Department, Native American Programs; and DCDW President Janice Noble.
Trending In: Features
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- 11 Natives take part in 4-day Sacred Water Run across Nevada
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’