Newmont Legacy Fund Campaign sets new record at $2.9 million
December 20, 2017
ELKO, Nev. — Newmont Mining Corporation on Nov. 8 announced that its 2018 Newmont Legacy Fund campaign in Nevada set a new, all-time-high for employee participation and dollars pledged.
The charitable workplace giving campaign concluded its eighth annual run, with an unprecedented 75 percent of employees participating and pledging a record $1.45 million to Nevada-based nonprofit organizations of their choosing.
Newmont will reportedly match employee pledges dollar-for-dollar, bringing the total pledged to a record $2.9 million.
This year, Newmont also celebrates the growth of the Newmont Endowment Fund beyond the $2 million mark to its current balance of $2.1 million. This fund, which will help sustain local communities long after Newmont has finished operations in northern Nevada, continues to grow by approximately $300,000 each year through employee and Newmont donations, investment income and outside sources such as AmazonSmile.
Based in Elko, Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading gold and copper producer. Visit http://www.newmont.com to learn more.
Trending In: Features
- Nevada tribal members to vote on reservation this November
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’