Photo: Carson City baby blessed at Washoe Tribe traditional one-month dinner
March 28, 2018
CARSON CITY, Nev. — Aleena Arnot Rednose of Carson City smiles while holding her great-grandson, Karter Dwight Nevers, who was honored and blessed recently at his Washoe Tribal traditional one-month dinner.
The events, a tradition for all Washoe babies, are open to the community. Visit http://www.washoetribe.us to learn more.
Trending In: Features
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- 11 Natives take part in 4-day Sacred Water Run across Nevada
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’