Photo gallery: 2017 Los Angeles City/County NAIC Powwow
January 17, 2018
LOS ANGELES — The annual Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission (NAIC) Powwow took place Dec. 9, 2017, at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Hundreds of people attended the event, which featured a performance by renowned native hip-hop artist Supaman, in addition to a traditional gourd dance at 11 a.m.; grand entry at noon; and various dance contests, arts and crafts vendors, and more.
Above are photos of the event, courtesy of Jesse Silva Photography. Visit http://www.lanaic.org to learn more about NAIC, and be sure to check out this story online at http://www.firstnationsfocus.com to see more photos from the powwow.
Trending In: Features
- ‘The Mustang,’ filmed in Carson City, to show at Galaxy Fandango
- Newest First Nation’s Focus e-edition (May 2019) available
- PHOTOS: March 30 Go Red for Health Pow Wow at RSIC Gym
- Native athletes in the news: NY Yankees draft Anthony Seigler (Navajo)
- Renovated Stewart Indian School museum to tell the full story – including a dark history of abuse and assimilation