Photo gallery: 2017 Los Angeles City/County NAIC Powwow
January 17, 2018
LOS ANGELES — The annual Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission (NAIC) Powwow took place Dec. 9, 2017, at Grand Park in Los Angeles.
Hundreds of people attended the event, which featured a performance by renowned native hip-hop artist Supaman, in addition to a traditional gourd dance at 11 a.m.; grand entry at noon; and various dance contests, arts and crafts vendors, and more.
Above are photos of the event, courtesy of Jesse Silva Photography. Visit http://www.lanaic.org to learn more about NAIC, and be sure to check out this story online at http://www.firstnationsfocus.com to see more photos from the powwow.
Trending In: Features
- Nevada tribal members to vote on reservation this November
- First Nation’s Focus October-November 2018: Read the e-edition here
- Behind the scenes of First Nation’s Focus with Bethany Sam
- Native officials: Using blood quantum to determine citizenship is problematic
- Nahko Bear (Apache): ‘Just doing my thing and shining that light’