PHOTOS: 12th annual Nevada Urban Indians Diabetes Health Fair and Powwow
April 1, 2019
RENO, Nev. — The 12th annual Diabetes Health Fair and Powwow took place March 23 at the Boys and Girls Club of Truckee Meadows, located at the Donald W. Reynolds Facility in Reno.
Sponsored by Nevada Urban Indians, the event featured a health fair, powwow, drum contest, princess contest and dance contest, among other festivities.
First Nation’s Focus contributor Alejandra Rubio (Yavapai-Apache) attended the event; check out some of her images above.
Trending In: Features
- Native athletes in the news: NY Yankees draft Anthony Seigler (Navajo)
- Nevada natives: Know your tribal identification rights
- Photo Gallery: 2018 Earl Dunn Memorial Basketball Tournament
- PHOTOS: 12th annual Nevada Urban Indians Diabetes Health Fair and Powwow
- Climate change, overfishing push California abalone to low numbers